Cloud Engineer – Azure Engineer
The role can be home based 100% of the time.
The Cloud Engineer (CE) role is based on planning and execution of technology, with contribution to broader planning within areas of the Systems Infrastructure stack including on premises and cloud technology. The focus is on the creation of global reference designs and deployment where the individual is building towards becoming an area expert. They consider the size, resources, data needs, desired user experience and budget of each business unit to determine its global needs. Candidate is expected to be subject-area experts in Microsoft Cloud Technologies, Orchestration, General Cloud Technology, and related technologies.
- Provide solutions for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure configurations
- Provide solutions for On-Premise Microsoft Stack and integration with cloud technologies
- Regular usage of Azure Portal and Office 365 Portal
- Provide solutions for MDM implementations for business mobile workforce
- Provide leadership during meetings and interface with various technical teams during meetings
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (Azure and AWS)
- Experience migrating users from M365 tenants
- Solid experience with scripting languages such as Python or Powershell
- Experience with Datacenter Technology such as HPe servers.
- Working knowledge of different storage types and connectivity methods.
- Experience with the Microsoft Stack (such as Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, Group Policies, Messaging, MQ, and Windows Server)
- Extensive experience in system and network creation and development
- Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers
Description of the Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years technical experience in an IT Infrastructure Engineering in a large, global multi-site environment
- Demonstrated strength in technical leadership in a highly collaborative, multi-divisional environment
- Flexible to handle changing work priorities
- Excellent communication skills – speaking, writing (including processes and procedures), and listening
- Demonstrated process improvement capabilities