We are looking for a highly technical cloud engineer to come and join our Enterprise Cloud Enablement team and be part of the multi-year cloud transformation program that we have embarked upon. We require someone who has experience in developing cloud native applications and has worked with development and business agile teams on successful, medium-large scale, cloud migrations. We are looking for a passionate cloud advocate who has a deep understanding of cloud best practices, industry trends, modern technologies and new ways of working.
Working model: Hybrid working model (Twice a week onsite)
Candidates who are currently living in UK, with / without work sponsorship requirement will be only considered. We prefer either immediate joining candidates/ candidates with less than 30 notice period.
What you’ll do
- Work with multiple application development teams to help them through the cloud journey and migrate applications to cloud, helping the team at all stages from inception/design through to production
- Provide a best in class cloud enablement service for both Azure and AWS
- Provide cloud solutions & services to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, highly resilient, highly secure, observability, and simplicity in mind
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation recommendations back to development teams
- Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve the platform by pushing for change that improves reliability, operability and developer experience
- Every week solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Engineer solutions that are fully automated using infrastructure-as-code and integrated in the CI/CD toolchain
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience of working with customers, clients, stakeholders on cloud application migrations
- Experienced in developing, designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS and/or Azure
- Experience of cloud transformation and change programs across technology organizations
- Experience across the infrastructure stack with Virtualisation, Kubernetes, Windows, Linux, environments as well as Storage, Database and Networking.
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling (e.g., GIT, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Azure ARM, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of PaaS, Infra-as-Code, Compliance-as-Code, and when/how to use & enable
- Experience with modern engineering and agile practices as well as shift left CI/CD
- Passionate about building and delivering services via APIs
- Experienced with scripting and/or ideally one language, (e.g., Python, .NET, PowerShell, Nodejs, Ruby, Java)
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Deep understanding of broader cloud ecosystem including Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies and trends.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Cloud certifications for at least Azure or AWS
- Understanding Cloud Service capabilities and relative strengths
- Experience developing cloud native applications (preferably .NET)
If interested, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration