Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
State/Territory: District of Columbia
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
Collaborating with architects, engineering, and development teams to design, develop, and test cloud solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, hybrid client environments and multi-cloud environments. As a Cloud Engineer supporting the Government, you will be supporting the architects’ network modernization efforts by designing, developing, and testing cloud solutions. Job Description
- Creating sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Collaborating with architects, engineering, and development teams to design, develop, and test cloud solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, hybrid client environments and multi-cloud environments.
- Providing oversight of the cloud production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Developing and implementing re-usable cloud Infrastructure modules and templates using DevSecOps practices.
- Building a framework using AWS cloud technologies to collect, transfer, and archive data files of varying formats into a data lake and content warehouse.
- Troubleshooting incidents, identifying root causes, fixing/documenting problems, and implementing preventative measures.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+,or CCNA Security.
- The ability and experience in designing, documenting, and verifying the technology solution that meets business needs and technical requirements and follows enterprise defined guardrails, governance, and security standards for cloud deployments.
- The ability to develop and document an operational model to maintain and operate the service design, including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance, and capabilities.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure engineering on AWS and Azure.
- Hands on programming experience using Python, Nodejs and Ansible.
- Experience with cloud automation development tool, e.g., Ansible, Git, AWS cloud formation, etc.
- Working experience of Analytics tools using Athena, Amazon Redshift, EMR, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, AWS Glue.
- Participates in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management, Cross account S3/KMS access management.
- Deep understanding Relational DB service – RDS (Postgres, Aurora, MySql, Oracle), DynamoDB.
- Working experience of M/L services using Amazon SageMaker, Comprehend, Kendra, Polly, Rekognition, Textract, etc.
- Hands on experience with AWS Service Catalog.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Location: Mainly DIA HQ but can support the candidate sitting at AJ/DN for a small percentage during the week. Leadership / Management
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior technical team. Leads resolution of complex technical issues and/or performs research of high-end technical solutions
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma + 16 years
- Associate's Degree + 14 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 12 years
- Master's Degree + 10 years
- PhD + 8 years
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.