Cloud Engineer | Glasgow Or Dundee | 41,642 – 49,860 + amazing benefits |
Are you a dynamic, highly motivated technician with the ability to work under pressure? Do you have a well-honed aptitude to problem solving and service optimisation? Do your strengths include collective-ownership, collaboration, motivation toward achieving and maintaining high quality standards?
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit 4 Cloud Engineers. For further details about this incredible opportunity and how to apply please email Atibhee Kapoor at for Dundee or Glasgow, or phone on 0333 010 5633.
The Chief Digital Officer (CDO) division is responsible for delivering the infrastructure, capability and digital solutions that will support Social Security Scotland. The Cloud Engineer role will be within the Engineering and Cloud service branch focussed on the maintenance and delivery of our AWS hosting platform. There will be regular interaction with colleagues in the CDO Architecture team, Cyber Security Team, Applications Development teams and a number of suppliers involved in the provision of the Division's software and infrastructure.
To be successful in the role:
1. Deploying, developing and managing AWS cloud platform, automation and scripting skills examples include Python, Ruby, Groovy proficiency and shell scripting (e.g. BASH)
2. Working knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies such as (Ansible, Terraform, AWX) and exposure to continuous integration and build tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, or similar).
3. Awareness of Kubernetes container management platforms such as AWS ECS, EKS and Openshift
4. Working knowledge Linux/Unix/Windows with a bias towards RedHat Enterprise Linux versions, good understanding of infrastructure, network, and application security including understanding of OWASP objectives and requirements, configuration of firewalls, load balancers and other network equipment.
What do we offer you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Salary between 41,642 – 49,860
- Flexible working arrangements with potential of up to 4 days off per month
- You will have an annual leave allowance of 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11 days public and privilege holidays, dates of which are set annually
DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a 5000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. The payment will be backdated to your start date in the role. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession, you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
Flexible and Hybrid Working
Our current way of working is by a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working (working from home) depending on the requirements of the role. Home office location can be in either Dundee or Glasgow.
If you're interested in this role, please apply to the advert directly by forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV or contact Atibhee Kapoor at Hays using +44 333 010 5633 or send an email at