Role Profile AWS Cloud Engineer
Role Title Cloud Engineer
Business Function Operations
Location Wrexham / London
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, were not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
Were always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
The Cloud Engineer will fulfill a pivotal role within the IT function, being the technical authority for the Cloud framework whilst remaining hands on as a technical support.
The engineer will lead initiatives and provide technical guidance in order to effectively develop and deploy applications to AWS, maintaining best security practices and IT Infrastructure.
- AWS Cloud configuration management and monitoring storage and alerts
- Research and implement new technology to compliment both IT Services operations and a defence-in-depth strategy
- Architect and delivering new environments and services
- Ensure effective security measures of the IT and Cloud environments
- Develop standards, processes, procedures and guidelines for IT and Cloud infrastructure management
- Security in the Software Development and Release Lifecycle
- Ensure secure and dependable connectivity to services
- Incident response
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
Key Skills & Experience
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills
- Financial services experience is preferable, ideally within a challenger bank or financial technology (FinTech) organisation
- Experience working within a cloud-first and primarily an outsourced business environment.
- Hands-on public Cloud Computing and Security experience
- Solid knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture principles and practical experience of building Cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of network and security engineering
- Project planning, management and delivery skills within the context of a broader Cloud and/or cyber security program 3 – 5 years experience
- IT Management Several years of combined IT and security experience
- AWS Certifications
- ITIL knowledge
What we offer
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what weve achieved so far and whats coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 – the only retail bank to do sothat year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the worlds first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an Excellent Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Chetwood Financial Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property ofChetwood Financial and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void.