We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We're the leading energy supplier for customer service. We've won a host of awards too; in each quarter since 2017 we've been recognised by Citizens Advice as a top ranked supplier out of a total of 50. We've also won the 2020 Moneyfacts Energy Provider of the Year award and been recognised as a Which? recommended energy supplier for 2020. Now we're looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
We are moving from producing several ad-hoc reports based on SQL queries to building an analytics platform in GCP. It will be based on a data warehouse in Google Cloud Platform and with Power BI and Looker on top to provide the equivalent to a report as a service kind of functionalities.
We are looking for someone who has experience building analytics platform with tens of different source of data, someone that can leverage modern tools and programming languages to build ETL pipelines and extract intelligence out of the data. An innovator who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the team
Our users (external but also internal) are extremely important to us. Understanding how their experience is throughout the various touch points is very important. Being able to apply data intelligence best practices to be able to understand and later forecast behaviour and trends is the main objective.
- As Lead Data Engineer at SO Energy, you will be responsible for building the ETL data pipelines
- Technical ownership, Developing and supporting the Data Lake and Data warehouse within GCP.
- Build real-time & batch data processing pipelines to publish the data in GCP to match the evolving needs of the product and business
- Providing technical support to internal teams within the organisation, and to external when required.
- Will influence, drive, and implement the data engineering strategy
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Producing clear concise documentation where required.
- Working closely with Data Engineering Manager to apply the data strategy, ratifying before creating any ETL pipelines.
- Pro-actively implementing solution to understand better how internal and external users performs
Work closely with internal business teams gathering data requirements, translating them to technical artifacts and mapping them to Google Platform.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who demonstrates a friendly, positive demeanour. We are looking for a talented individual who has real focus on excellent stakeholder management and documentation handling. The successful candidate will:
- Advanced hands-on SQL and Python programming skills and any Visualisation tool (Power BI, Tableau or Looker) experience is desirable.
- History of working with Data warehouse solutions (on-premise & Public Cloud). Ideally with Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify, scope, and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions, data storage, movement and orchestration solutions utilising GCP
- Responsible for planning and execution of activities such as data cleansing, data migration, ETL, data modelling & mapping and orchestrations
- Analytical and design skills around the full end-to-end ETL life cycle of data pipelines in large enterprise settings
- Handle large ‘Big Data’ data sets
- Collaborate and share best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
- Data warehouse building and maintenance experience.
- Articulate communication skills to explain complex solutions to external or internal customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to adjust style to a varied audience
- Experience as a Data and BI Developer or equivalent position with a strong focus on analytics
- Experience of working at a senior level in a complex environment; utilising skills in capturing different perspectives, applying systems thinking and taking a cross-organisational perspective.
- As the business grows by acquisitions, experience integrating data from multiple systems is important.
- Great leadership, communication, and entrepreneurial skills
- Facilitate and support the Data & BI team in delivering Data sets and Data analysis results in timely manner to meet internal and external reporting requests
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Structure of CI / CD for data pipelines
- Maintaining technical documents and procedures in confluence.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Competitive salary
- Remote working 2 days a week (We’re currently 100% remote due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work
- Season Ticket Loan
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field who is changing the face of the energy industry
- Work in leafy Chiswick, with free breakfast, monthly drinks and a stunning new office space
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.