Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum Technology, our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. #OPTUMRXTECH
- Ability to design and architect solutions across various technology platforms to help satisfy growing business needs and
- Drive solution sessions and create detail solution documents for the technology development team to execute
- Serve as a liaison between business and technology organizations
- Ensure stakeholder requirements get captured clearly and assist with prioritization of requirements
- Guide the estimation of project cost and assist business counterparts in selecting appropriate solutions based on budget and business constraints
- Create and own solution diagrams, solution documents and other enterprise required artifacts
- Accountability for the overall architecture and solution for the program
- Ensure alignment to enterprise standards and goals by working with the core clinical architecture team
An individual in the Architecture job family is a strategic resource for UnitedHealth Group. This individual could be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities, and is a strong influencer that engages with client executives and stakeholders.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing technology solutions across a variety of technologies and frameworks
- 5+ years of experience as a liaison between business and technology organizations
- 3+ years of experience leading design sessions and developing and architecting technology solutions across business functions
- 2+ years of experience evaluating new technology frameworks and creating prototypes
- Healthcare experience
- Cloud (Azure) experience
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.