Cloud Architect (London)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring on board thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software crafts people and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
About the Cloud Engineering Line of Business (LoB)
The Cloud Engineering LoB is an integral part of an interdependent AND business, which balances the individual Lines of Businesses and the enabling organisation, plus teams such as the common services, alongside cross-company needs.
The Cloud Engineering Team is a highly specialised group of ANDis that assist clients with adopting cloud technologies, migrating data centres, and also providing full automation within the cloud environments. We aim to provide our clients with best practices, adopting standards, building client capability and enabling them to transform their organisations through the use of cloud.
As a Cloud Architect, you will act as a hands on cloud expert who has experience with building cloud platforms. You will work across the Cloud Engineering LoB’s portfolio of clients, providing presale, delivery onsite and work with/in multi-skilled delivery teams. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Be a specialist in one cloud provider / cloud specialism area with associated cloud certifications up to an expert or professional level.
- Provide presales support to the client acquisition team.
- Assist clients on the cloud journey, provide a cloud strategy in technical terms that allows them to build solid foundations for the cloud provider they choose.
- Use your expert tech knowledge to influence the direction of projects whilst coaching and upskilling a team through implementing cloud engineering best practice.
- Be hands on when required, with cloud enablement projects, understand what good looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture, security, service and delivery into consideration.
- Give and receive regular feedback to help the Cloud community within AND, develop, mentor and guide engineers to grow their knowledge and skills.
- Assist in delivering internal cloud initiatives and ensuring the cloud engineering team are always successful.
- Excited and passionate for tech, and profound impact on the business.
- Gets customer/consumer facing needs and opportunities.
- Understands and able to navigate broader enterprise culture, needs and challenges.
- Experience in managing and growing key client relationships.
- Experience in leading/managing people onsite with clients.
- Charismatic and contagious about work, naturally inspiring.
- Good writer and presenter, able to clearly express complex thoughts.
- Flexible and responsive to people and client needs and opportunities.
- Able to balance conflicting demands on time and priorities.
- Growth mind, naturally curious and challenging and process minded.
- Self organised, planned and collaborative.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Specialism with one cloud provider AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Infrastructure as code experience with one or more AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud technologies.
- Considered experience in projects involving AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Cloud Migrations.
- Cloud Native operations.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Experience of IAC tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible or chef etc.
- Experience of using Docker or Kubernetes.
It's helpful if you also have:
- Knowledge and experience of working with leading cloud providers.
- Infrastructure knowledge and experience of cloud operations and delivery.
- Technical leadership and experience leading cloud projects.
- A desire to assist AND clients adopt cloud technologies and be at the forefront of digital transformation.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people – like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love – but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.