The role of the Enterprise Cloud Architect is to guide the global transformation of traditionally delivered infrastructure to cloud based technologies. This is a strategic role intended to enable the company to leverage advanced cloud-based technologies to increase the operational effectiveness of the organization. Furthermore, the cloud architect provides technology guidance, designs, road maps, principles, standards, best practices, whilst being an evangelist for promoting cloud capabilities to the organization. The Cloud Architect will be a subject matter expert in multiple cloud-based technologies and capabilities.
- Provides direction, guidance, and definition of cloud architecture, is a subject matter expert in cloud technologies and aligns the cloud architecture strategy with business goals.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of cloud standards to guide decision making, while managing exceptions to standards.
- Provide input into the oversight and governance of cloud technologies
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Analysts, Engineers and Architects.
- Leads virtual teams in developing cloud technology roadmaps and designs.
- Conducts research on emerging cloud technologies and performs analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops recommendations and budget proposals for cloud initiatives. If necessary, performs as a Project Manager for large cloud architecture initiatives.
- Works on highly complex cloud-based projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple cloud capabilities.
- Providing guidance to the cloud migration project team.
- Working with other IT teams to realize cloud technology opportunities.
- Works with external vendors and our primary managed service provider to ensure governance, stability and operational effectiveness.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Business field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid IT work experience, including architecture design and deployment, IT lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations and presentations.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Azure capabilities and solutions
- Understanding of contracts, licensing and SLA models.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience with Azure IaaS, Storage, PaaS and networking services.
- Hands-on experience with security, compliance, monitoring, performance & tuning, disaster recovery, Azure AD and Identity management.
- Experience in managing cloud costs
- Experience in running a mission critical workload in the cloud, such as an enterprise resource planning system.
- Experience in migrating on-premises applications to the cloud
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and software development lifecycle.
- Capable of performing as or overseeing a project manager.
- MBA or master’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Azure Cloud certifications
- Experience with containers.
- Experience managing Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Event Hubs, Data Lake Analytics, IoT Services.
- Understanding of AWS, Google and other cloud platforms.