Job Title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: Yeovil, but can be based at various other sites. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: 47,500 plus depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and providing leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Software Engineering team:
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining a team who write software for a range of projects such as the UK's latest frontline fighter, augmented/virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines and even 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets. In particular, you will writing software designed to exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.