Join the Magnite team as a C++ Senior Software Engineer, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, Magnite acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Along with our office in Belfast, we have a worldwide presence including Los Angeles, New York City, Denver, London, Sydney, North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
Magnite is looking for a highly talented and motivated C++ Senior Software Development Engineer. We are looking for someone who is versatile, methodical, excited by modern technology and enjoys focusing on tackling software challenges. You will be building innovative digital ad technology that empowers customers and drives a free and open internet
In This Role:
Enter a newly formed agile team working on the existing core product that processes billions of transactions per day in a highly performant manner within the Ad Tech industry.
Have the ability to contribute, learn and strive for engineering excellence in an exciting chapter for Magnite Belfast.
Work with our local and international C++ Developers to learn our core systems and processes while delivering system change. Collaborate across multiple teams, disciplines, technologies to develop rugged efficient system change.
Be the change by helping to build our unified platform which increases Magnite’s competitive edge and unify our Ad Tech platforms.
- Write highly performant code that scales across our worldwide platform
- Design and architecture of high volume solutions
- Be involved in all stages of the product life cycle
- Learn cutting edge techniques and technology on the fly
- Solve challenging problems through experimentation and iteration
- Collaborating with other talented engineers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Integrate with different in-house teams and international teams that have different disciplines and tech stacks
- Learn and utilise different languages and frameworks (PHP, Java, Python, React)
- Gain awareness and understanding of our tech stack
- 5 years plus experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in Modern C++ 14 / 11
- Large-scale, transnational environments (including high volume, fault-tolerant, and scalable systems)
- Experience with automated testing, and CICD
- Version-control systems and code review tools such as Git / Github
- C/C++ compilers such as g++, gcc, or Clang
- Practical Knowledge of multiple Database technologies (eg. MySQL, Druid, Scylla) & supporting data languages
- Experience with Network protocols such as (TCP/IP, HTTP/S)
- Distributed/parallel processing
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Modern C++ 20 / 17
- Experience with languages including PHP, Scala, Python
- Usage of Linux based systems and scripting languages
- A desire to stay on top of the latest trends in technology
- Experience with technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Valgrind, Jira, Confluence
- Build systems such as Make/CMake
- Hands-on with GitHub- we like developers who like developing!
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, Gym and Cell Phone Subsidy.
- Invest in You: Performance Management, Loyalty and Tenure Rewards and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires.