Were First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Centralfor short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.?
Were on the hunt for a talentedSoftware Engineerto join ourTechnologyteam inSalford Quays, Manchester.
To be successful in this role, youll need:
- Strong C# knowledge and experience.
- Experience using the Angular platform.
- Significant exposure to SQL.
- Work within a Scrum team across the full development stack.
- Assist in the support of existing, and the creation of new, applications & services written in both older and modern technologies.
- Support and maintain the legacy application base.
- Assist in developing our DevOps culture, tools and approach.
- Provide your knowledge and experience to the company on available technologies.
- Our Technology: Our application estate is a large bespoke enterprise suite of applications & services with the focus on technologies of C# and Angular. We use the following additional technologies:
- SQL, TSQL
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience developing within a C# .NET environment.
- 3+ years experience of SQL writing and general database designs.
- Web development experience particularly in an SPA language (Angular).
- HTML, CSS and Java Script skills.
- Understanding of common software design patterns.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles.
- Experience of using public cloud technologies (Azure).
- Experience of working within an operational/transactional business.
- Commercially focussed and results driven
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as were so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.