About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer in the role of a Big Data Engineer – leading our Python Data Pipeline Tooling & API Development within its Risk Model Development and Forecasting platform technology team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of experience in BI/Reporting with an extensive experience in Big Data environment including: Hadoop/HDFS, Hive schema/tables/views and partitioned tables
- 5+ years of experience in Data Pipeline engineering for relational/SQL (Oracle, SQL-Server, Teradata) and no-SQL databases such as MongoDB
- 5+ years of experience in Python
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Specialty Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or Finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry-wide regulations related to building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Should have leadership skills to drive the work stream technically
- Should have an in-depth understanding on story estimations, design reviews, code reviews and quality code delivery
- 5+ years of experience operating in an Agile Software Development team
- Strong in data science python libraries like NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Strong skills in Big data, PySpark, HDFS and distributed computing
- Experience in creating APIs using python, preferably Django and DRF
- Ability to design and build reusable data pipeline solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle
- Extensive understanding of banking domain with risk and finance forecasting in particular
- 2+ years of experience in RESTful API design and development
- 2+ years of experience in H2O software or Keras with TensorFlow
- 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Job Description – Additional Language
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Corporate Risk Technology (CRT) group helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Calculation Services group in Corporate Risk Technology is seeking a Data and Business Intelligence Tools Engineer (Sr. Specialty Software Engineer) to work on building and supporting the BI/Reporting team serving the business teams deliver their reports and dashboards. The BI/Reporting team is responsible for the platform that enables Reports and Data Visualization capabilities for large volumes of data in the data lake in a shared environment where the reports/dashboards work alongside other applications. The position will offer the opportunity to work on the latest open-stack technologies in Big Data / Python universe.
We make extensive use of Spark, Rest API's, Django, Django DRF, React JS to develop and maintain a comprehensive SDK and Framework to enable self-service development, deployment, and end to end Batch and Real time Forecasting solutions available to our business. While we focus on integrating with Open-Source Apache and Linux Foundation AI & Data products, we also integrate with the latest commercial solutions like AtScale, Dremio, H2O.AI, Tableau and more through an API first integration strategy.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.