Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing thats built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilons award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the worlds top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world.
For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Love cutting-edge tech? We do too.
At Epsilon, we do more than collect and store data. We help some of the worlds biggest brands discover real opportunities inside the data types, delimiters and decimals.
Were looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help with work centering around the most critical applications that manage client data and data privacy platforms. The Data Engineer will focus on designing, developing, and supporting all of our data solutions, and this role specifically focused around the data part of our systems. This person will work closely with business leads to design and build innovative solutions.
What youll do:
- Build, review and improve new and existing data pipelines, improve data structure and availability
- Participate in design, development, and implementation of robust, high volume data-oriented solutions with big data technologies (Python, Spark, Hadoop, etc.).
- Works independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignment to find solutions to existing problems.
- Responsible for creating re-useable processes that help implement each solution.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works with stakeholders to understand the business needs and gather requirements to develop appropriate solutions. Prepares business and technical documentation.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently
- Able to do your best work in a team setting and autonomously
- Owns a problem to the end
- Proud to share in teams success
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Wants to grow a career with a great company.
What youll bring:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with big data technologies is required (Python, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Proficiency in Python and Spark required.
- Experience with SQL and relational database development is required.
- Extensive experience working in a Unix environment is a must.
- Excellent analytic skills, deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized, and self-motivated.
- Experience writing Unix Shell Scripts is required.
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Salary Range: $105,000 $130,000
When youre one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, weve been helping marketers from the worlds top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services.
Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon products and services have been recognized as industry-leading by the Forrester Wave. We process more than 500 billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. And our CORE ID is the industrys most accurate, stable and scalable identity solution that helps brands recognize and reach 200M+ U.S. consumers in a privacy-safe way.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilons policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.