Backend Software Engineer London / WfH to 70k
Backend Software Engineer / Developer (C++ Linux) *Hybrid WFH*. Are you a bright, ambitious Backend Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to work on intellectually and technically challenging projects as part of a supportive Agile team with continual learning opportunities?
You could be using strategic thinking to improve systems and deliver world class financial software solutions to a global client base with a focus on the Risk platform.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will design and develop C++ backend systems for trade capture, position management and profit / loss computation – these systems are highly performant, reliable and capable of dealing with vast quantities of data. You'll focus on making performance improvements to uptime, reliability, robustness, distribution and scalability working with Agile TDD methodologies and gaining valuable financial systems experience.
You'll join colleagues in modern, open plan offices with all the latest kit and 360 views of the City with flexibility to work from home one day a week.
- You have commercial C++ development skills including multi-threading
- You have a good understanding of low level UNIX / Linux including Linux Kernel
- You have a strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as OOP, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Ideally you will have experience of optimising low latency, real-time systems
- You're a collaborative team member with strong communication and interpersonal skills
As a Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to 70k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Backend Software Engineer / Developer (C++ Linux) opportunity.