We are a well-funded, fast growing, Australian tech business operating on the global stage with offices in Sydney and London.
Big Picture is connecting the healthcare ecosystem. Our platform is the underlying infrastructure that enables new models of collaborative, distributed and intelligent healthcare to be delivered, optimising patient outcomes and making smarter use of healthcare resources.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer who will work closely with our clinical, design and development teams to build and deliver cutting edge applications to completely change the delivery of healthcare globally.
The role will be based in London. Hybrid/remote work possible based in the UK.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the business and get involved with advanced and innovative product builds.
Our Backend team works closely to deliver this vision with our Product, Frontend and DevOps teams – using modern frameworks and services such as Laravel, Java Spring and AWS Lambda.
- Develop well-designed, testable and scalable code that powers our clinician and patient centered web application
- Work with our frontend engineers to design efficient and secure APIs
- Collaborate with our Product, Design and Development teams to scope new features and improvements
- Actively communicate your ideas to team members, embrace change, and learn quickly
- Conduct code reviews
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for best practices
- You are Curious
- You are Autonomous
- You are Passionate
- You have experience in the Medical Product space (nice to have)
- You have experience with SaaS companies (nice to have)
- You have experience in start-up companies (nice to have)
- You have had some exposure to (Hl7, FIHR, DICOM) (nice to have)
The right person will have
- 4+ years industry experience across a breadth of areas
- 2+ years working with the Laravel framework
- Firm understanding of design patterns and best-practices in Laravel
- High regard for the importance of testing and code quality
- Ability to communicate your direction to technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Experience delivering technologies with a high degree of configurability
- Experience building publicly consumable APIs
- Experience integrating with external enterprise systems
- Understanding of HL7, FHIR, SNOMED or other clinical standards
- Experience with various AWS Products (e.g. ECS, RDS, Redis, ELB, etc)
- Multi-lingual in English and at least one other language