If you are a Backend Engineer / Lead (Golang)- Remote with experience, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are an award-winning venture studio. Our team leverages deep expertise in user-centric design, iterative development, and data science to build and reinvent organizations for a digital future. We were named first among Canadas Most Innovative Companies by Canadian Business in 2016.
Our products have made Best of the Year lists, been featured multiple times by Google and Apple, and helped improve the lives of millions. Our software is used by the worlds leading companies, including NASA JPL, Sony, Starbucks, and SEGA not to mention leading academic institutions, high-level governmental organizations, and the majority of NFL teams.
Our team brings together a wealth of experience from fast-growing startups and industry-leading companies including Apple, Google, and SpaceX. Last year alone, our work was featured in TIME Magazine, USA Today, The New York Times, Fast Company, and Wired, to name a few.
Our mission is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $50M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV), Chris Dixon (Andreessen Horowitz) and David Pakman (Venrock) as well as Samsung and Google Ventures. We also have incredible angel investors including top athletes and artists as well as the founders of Dreamworks, Electronic Arts, Zynga, Reddit, AngelList, and Coinbase, among others.
What You Will Be Doing
What does success look like for you? For folks here, it means thriving in a high-autonomy environment and tackling complex problems in a technical space that is constantly changing and evolving. Engineers on our teams are focused on writing great code, but more-so collaborating with Product, Design, and other team members to define what games mean on the blockchain, and creating this new opportunity for our users.
And we need an experienced Backend Engineer to help us achieve this. You'll help shift the technological landscape within the company through experimentation and auditing of emerging tech stacks, while shaping the way a new technology is introduced to, and adopted by, new audiences throughout the world.
What You Need for this Position
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has led end-to-end development on at least project spanning one or more teams
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages
- Is able to unblock individuals when they are faced with technical challenges
- Is a strong communicator who can collaborate well with other non-technical functions (e.g. Product & Design)
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems
Bonus Points If You Have The Following
- Developing DApps or interacting with blockchains
- Understands the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes
- Familiarity with event driven architectures, Kafka, and comfortable with eventual consistency
- Has a strong understanding of application and API security
What's In It for You
Flexible vacation & remote work policy – as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development – we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements – stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment – in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies – We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
We recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Dont sweat it if you dont have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
So, if you are a Backend Engineer / Lead (Golang)- Remote with experience, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : JH9-1623259 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Jackson Hufferd – Associate Manager – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.