The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world, and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We’re looking for the world’s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will implement new architectures, features, and best practices to scale the Cloudbeds platform. You will contribute to new efforts in service-oriented architectures, leveraging the latest, cutting edge technologies. As a Senior Backend Engineer, your goal is to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world with quality, performance, and scalability top of mind. Alongside your team, you will leverage latest, modern SaaS and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies across all layers of the software stack.
Location: Remote – UK
What You Will Do:
- Remotely collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, build and ship high quality API Integrations.
- Re-architect and re-factor existing systems to align with project requirements.
- Build and maintain connections to Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Help design the long term vision of our technology and new component architectures within our Cloudbeds Amplify platform
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code.
- Promote best practices to improve the quality of our code and processes.
- Drive technical decisions within the team.
- Advocate for quality and test automation.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Business level fluency in both English and Italian (verbal and written)
- 5+ years of PHP web application software engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience one or more modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter)
- A strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects.
- A passion for data-driven decision making (metrics, experiments, prototypes, …)
- Experience working with Google APIs, especially Google Ads/Hotel Ads, gtag.js, and Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge and a passion for software best practices, design patterns and testing.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing and building a microservice.
- Experience migrating functionality between technology platforms
- Previous experience with JAVA Spring Boot
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team.
- Travel industry experience is a plus but definitely not required!
- Experience with Atlassian products [Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket].
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.