AWS Solutions Architect
Permanent / Full Time
Salary 77,000 – 120,000 + generous benefits package
Location – London or UK wide in any UK office (London, Woking, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol etc)
We are currently looking for an AWS Cloud Architect to join a leading innovative data team in a prestigious organisation. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for clients.
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
- Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
- Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners.
- Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as to colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of exploiting at least one major Cloud platform (pref. AWS) for delivery of cloud-native solutions.
- A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
- A strong background in Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications.
- Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
- Experience of working in collaborative teams.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Working with distributed, off-shore delivery teams.
- Microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
- DevOps background/experience.
- API-centric architectures.
- NoSQL databases.
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate 1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).