Cloud (AWS) DevOps Engineer – £650 a day negotiable (inside IR35)
* Mid-term contract position, a Cloud DevOps Engineer, to join the DevOps team in a large government programme.
* Having current transferable SC Clearance is very preferable.
* Immediate start, based remotely from anywhere in the UK during current lockdown followed by possible limited on-site (flexible working).
* Rate: £650 a day negotiable, based on skills/experience, inside IR35
The team has openings for solid Cloud DevOps engineers with strong Linux and AWS skills and with experience of developing Infrastructure as Code. Successful applicants should get a real kick out of helping projects go live in a successful and stress-free manner, drawing on a wide range of skills covering software development, technical architecture, IT service management and infrastructure operation
Skills and Experience Required:
* AWS essential, Azure nice to have
* Experience of developing Infrastructure as Code
* Experience of Pega or other workflow management administration nice to have
* Solid Linux DevOps skills
* Strong understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD Pipelines
* Working knowledge of Terraform
* Programming experience in Python
* Extensive knowledge of Configuration management tools (Ansible) and deployment practices
* Passionate about DevOps principles and strong knowledge of what might be referred to as the “DevOps toolkit”
* Understanding of agile and lean delivery concepts
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Self-motivated and can work independently
The ability to communicate exceptionally via videoconferencing is essential, to deliver meetings, presentations and technical reviews.
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, SC Clearance will be required. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared, or preferably have current transferable clearance already
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process