Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The selected individual will be responsible for providing development support. Daily tasks will include working as part of a team of developers to provide the development solution and support. Must be able to assist with identification of required architectural and development tasks and propose innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Design, code, test, debug, document and support all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Contribute to development team and help to achieve key business objectives
- Contribute to large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Ensure timely deliveries for all assigned tasks as per SLA
- Achieve harmonious working relationships with business partners and within team
*** ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION **
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Knowledge of .NET Technology: C#, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of Web Services – Rest API, Web API
- Knowledge of Database – Microsoft SQL Server & BI (SSIS and SSRS)
- Knowledge of Web Technologies – HTML
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with AGILE principles
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone’of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income’deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.