Founded in 1994, Mindex specializes in software development for large enterprise clients in the Rochester, NY area and for New York State K-12 schools. We are a rapidly growing organization expanding heavily into cloud app. development and modernizing our home-grown K-12 Student Management System, SchoolTool.
As a member of an agile delivery team you will perform analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of new and existing software applications, features, and functionality in accordance with business requirements in Java and/or .NET environments. This role has a primary focus on building and testing database backed web services in a Java/Oracle environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in several programming languages and several test automation frameworks, enjoys solving problems, is accountable for their own work output, and works well within team environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a software engineer or test automation engineer according to current team needs.
- Creates or updates enterprise software in alignment with agile user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Creates or modifies unit tests and integration tests in a unit testing framework such as jUnit.
- Creates or modifies test automation scripts in alignment with agile user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Creates or modifies manual system and regression test scripts in alignment with agile user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Executes automated or manual tests and interprets and records results.
- Documents detailed design in Confluence or Jira in alignment with user stories.
- Documents defects in JIRA and provides feedback to support agile development.
- Partners with product owner, analysts, SMEs, testers, and developers to provide input and feedback on plans, designs, specifications, source code and test scripts to gain thorough understanding of the applications and infrastructure.
- Communicates status of deliverables to scrum team members.
- Provides input to documentation and training materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Gives demonstrations to peers, management, and others in how new and/or current software functionality performs
- Two+ years automated test experience.
- Two+ years software development experience in Java.
- Experience with enterprise development in an object oriented environment.
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with SOAP and REST web services.
- Familiarity with JSON and XML.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver working software and test automation scripts.
- Understanding of agile development and testing methodologies.
- Ability to distil agile user stories into working software and test cases.
- Experience with defect tracking software.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- ASP.NET, C#
- Jira and Confluence Postman
- SOAP UI