Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an Angular/JS Developer to join our technical team and deliver a streamlined user experience to our patient access and engagement platform. We want a team member who is passionate about working in a high-energy startup and eager to improve designs/user interfaces to help achieve scale in the long term.
If you reside in Herndon Virginia, you will enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote role as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work as a part of our core engineering team to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security
- Work closely with the product team to ensure all customer needs are met
- Design and build upcoming new features
- Support and extend existing features
- Be an active participant on an agile development team building a web application that is transforming how we approach the connecting the right patients with the right providers through a web-based application
- Develop dynamic and visually appealing UI components
- Collaborate directly with program leadership on potential features and functionalities
- Leverage opportunities to learn, research, and introduce new modern frameworks and libraries
- Participate in ideation of modern technology use cases to help our 1-1 readiness partners better serve our customers
- Collaborate with other scrum teams to build cohesive and optimal solutions
- Ensuring code standards and code quality and security are met
- Hours: Monday Friday 9-5
- Hybrid role 2-3 days onsite
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or higher) OR 3+ years Software Engineering experience
- 1+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Design and SOLID principles through coursework or work experience
- 1+ year experience in Angular 2 or above
- 1+ year experience with frontend Unit testing and E2E testing
- 1+ year experience with automated testing tools (Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Jest, Protractor, etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.