Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the ‘4A’ values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced (Associate) Clinical Data Manager in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role:
Working closely with the Project Manager and Science Lead, the (Associate) Clinical Data Manager will be responsible for data cleaning and transfer of clinical neuroimaging data on a varied portfolio of neurology clinical trials.
The (Associate) Clinical Data Manager will ensure the data management process on each new Project is setup, quality controlled, and managed robustly; meeting regularly with the Site Manager and Image Analyst to maintain oversight of this dataflow and support with issue resolutions, as and when they arise throughout the Project. The (Associate) Clinical Data Manager will be the escalation point and point of contact for the Sponsor and IXICO Project Manager on all data-related questions and is directly responsible for performing data checks/reconciliations, and execution of data and image transfers.
IXICO operates its own in-house Clinical Data Management (CDM) System called TrialTrackerTM along with cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence algorithms for analysing brain scans. IXICO’s processes are tailored for managing neuroimaging data and IXICO Clinical Data Managers have the opportunity to become specialised in handling neuroimaging data within a unique CDM system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative, but not exhaustive of the role. There may be some variation and/or development of these duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the role.
- Performs data management activities, focusing on data cleaning and data transfer of imaging data sent through to IXICO for assigned projects.
- Ensure the data cleaning and transfer processes on each new project is setup, quality controlled, and managed robustly.
- Attend and participate in sponsor meetings as requested.
- Act as the escalation point and point of contact for the Sponsor and IXICO project Manager on all data related questions.
- Perform QC on all aspects of work performed in Site Management, Image Analysis and Data Management teams to ensure that data quality and integrity is maintained.
- Run and perform routine ad hoc data cleaning checks on Project data, identifying errors, inconsistencies and discrepant data for resolution.
- Track outstanding issues and following-up until resolution.
- Maintain, organize, complete, and update study documentation, including writing Data Transfer Agreements and Image Transfer Agreements and configuring associated extracts for data transfer output.
- Write project-specific transfer work instructions and perform test/production transfers.
- Assist in standardising and documenting data management procedures.
- Follow all IXICO data management (DM) procedures, policies, and work instructions.
- Read, understand, and follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Clinical Data Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversight and training of Associate Data Managers within the DM team.
- Working knowledge of each of the tasks performed within the department and provide coverage for a broad range of tasks as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Life Sciences or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3+ years’ experience of working in data management within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CRO industry.
- Strong IT skills (working within cloud-based database systems desirable) and demonstrate experience of working with a variety of data formats.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools including Word and in particular Excel.
- Ability to learn other computer systems, including databases.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Team oriented and flexible; ability to function in high volume environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously under direction and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work independently in a group setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- SAS Experience.
- SQL Experience.
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering 2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated (Associate) Clinical Data Manager to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com or apply directly via LinkedIn. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating on a hybrid working model, where all our employees attend our office in central London on 2 days per week. If you have got any questions, please reach out to our careers team.