Assistant Software Developer & Support Technician
The Waterfront (Brierley Hill) hybrid working options available
Full-time, permanent opportunity
Competitive salary plus market-leading benefits
Talbots Law are currently going through a period of rapid and very exciting growth, and so we are seeking candidates who are looking to be part of the journey with us.
Talbots Law are seeking IT professionals for a brand-new Assistant Software Developer and Support Technician role, to be based at The Waterfront in Brierley, with the opportunity work on a hybrid pattern in the long-term. This position will be supporting the growing IT department and could progress as part of the firm’s development plans.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the wider firm on the in-house Case Management System (SOS), by rewriting and amending scripts, and identifying and implementing solutions to increase business efficacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Use bespoke programming language to maintain and improve SOS scripts
- Provide first-line help desk support across the firm
- Deliver guidance and training to system users across the business
- Fault find script issues and design & specify solutions for system enhancements
- Identify and assess new technologies & software that will enhance productivity
The ideal candidate profile for this role:
- Understand programming concepts and constructs gained in any language SOS would be preferable but isn’t essential
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good listening and problem-solving ability
Talbots Law is very passionate about helping employees with their growth and development, and we offer an excellent progression plan for those who are looking to push their career prospects to the next level.
We also offer a market-leading benefits package for the region:
25 days annual leave + UK Bank Holidays + 2 x Ex-gratia days
Talbots bonus scheme as part of being an Employee Owned Trust
Company pension scheme
Group Life Insurance
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today by submitting your CV.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Talbots is an equal opportunities employer and we believe all employees should be treated fairly and equitably. The Company is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace including within our Policies and Procedures, and the areas in which it should have influence.