Would you like to kickstart an amazing career within data and technology whilst gaining a recognised qualification in a supportive diverse environment?
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Would you like to launch an amazing career within data and technology while getting a recognised qualification in a diverse, supportive environment?
Here at DWP Digital we are undertaking one of the biggest and high-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. We want to ensure that all of DWP's products and services can be reliably and easily accessed by all UK citizens.
Our Data Engineers collect, organise and provide data to help our teams make the best decisions, based on the latest information (data) available.
We are great at teamwork and provide technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders and customers across DWP as a whole. DWP has one of the biggest Data communities in the UK. It's a great place to learn.
So, what about this position, and how does the apprenticeship work?
We have 6 positions available, so lots of opportunity to join us.
You will not only earn as you learn ( 28,117), but you'll also get hands on practice of data gathering and analysis techniques, while studying towards a Level 4 Data Analyst qualification.
This is a permanent job, with brilliant career prospects for the future, but we'll give you 20% of your working time to out towards your qualification.
You will undergo an initial bootcamp to learn a wide variety of skills and technologies, including AWS, Azure, Python, SQL, R and many more. You'll then join our data engineering team to apply those newly learnt skills to real life business situations.
Supported by your line manager, skills coach and the data community, as well as fellow apprentices on the programme, you'll have plenty of sources of encouragement to help you succeed.
Here at DWP Digital, you'll be part of a diverse, vibrant community, where you'll be empowered to develop your skills and try new things. You can build a stimulating and fulfilling career here, full of interesting challenges with plenty of opportunities for continual personal and professional growth.
What skills and experience do you need to show us in your application?
- A passion for data analysis and technology.
- An interest in logic and numbers.
- A methodical mind, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communicators who enjoy working, and learning, with others.
- A 'can-do' attitude and willingness to learn.
Details. Wages. Perks.
Learn as you earn. Starting salary of 28,711 p.a.
We offer 24 days holiday, rising to 26 after 1 year, in addition to 9 bank holidays.
We are a hybrid working organisation, so you can expect to be in the office some of the time and working from home for the rest.
Additionally, you can take up to 3 extra days per month using flexi time.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.