World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions, provider. Through our culture of innovation we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers, and the public sector. WWT employs more than 7,000 people and operates in more than 2+ million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and integration space strategically located throughout the world.
WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the tenth consecutive year and was awarded for multiple categories on Glassdoor’s 2019 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Places to Work.
Why should you join WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high-performance teams? Come join WWT today! We are looking for an Android engineer.
WWT Application Services has an opportunity for a highly motivated Android Software Engineer.
Candidates will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. Should have experience with hands-on native app development in Java / Kotlin using the Android SDK. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
The Following Knowledge Skills And Attributes Are Required
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with native Android application development in Java or Kotlin using the Android SDK.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous integration), unit testing, source code analysis tools, and source code version control tools.
- Understanding of Android publishing processes (Gradle build scripts, signing certificates, Android App Bundles, etc.).
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of media, text, and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and clients.
- Able to support occasional travel (less than 10%) in support of project-related activities or training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The Following Knowledge Skills And Attributes Are Preferred
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Released Android applications in the Google Play Store.
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries (RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.).
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML, and web scripting languages.
- Experience with adding accessibility to end-user applications.
- Ability to give and receive coaching. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understand the forces that shape the views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
WWT D&I Statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT — it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Worksite Location: Remote, U.S.A.
Compensation: This position offers a base salary of $90,000 – $140,000. Specifics will vary depending on skills, qualifications, education, and geographic location.