My client is a Fortune 50 Global Retailer firm that offers a competitive compensation salary with a strong work/life balance and company culture. They are looking to grow their team with an experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer with experience in Java/Android required.
The client is a well-known retailer with a national presence, headquartered in Chicagoland. Their Downtown Chicago office is brand new and they are working on a hybrid basis 2-3 days a week, creating a vibrant, dynamic, and diverse culture that is welcoming to all. Their managers value autonomy within their teams and encourage creativity in problem-solving collaboratively. They offer robust training, enterprise standard structures, all while working on cutting-edge projects using new technologies. For any developer looking to grow their career in an established company, there truly is no better opportunity.
The Successful Java Software Developer will:
- Utilize Java, API, Restful, SQl and NoSQL for assigned project in technology migration and app development.
- Debug coding errors as presented by the Consutant Business Unit.
- Develop mobile application in Android environment.
- Report directly to the Director of Digital Technology Delivery.
- Work within cloud environments utilizing Azure.
- Collaborate with a team of less than 10 developers.
- Participate in agile sprints to productively write robust code.
- Coordinate with QA team members to test and improve code.
The Successful Java Software Developer has:
- 1-2 Years of Professional (Non-Intern) Web and Mobile app development.
- Experience using Java on commercial projects.
- Exposure to APIs and either MySQL or NoSQL.
- Exposure to Android Development.
- Experience in building client applications consuming JSON based on APIs.
- Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation.
- Experience in modern UI frameworks like React is a huge plus.
- Experience or exposure to working in AWS cloud environments.
What's on Offer for the Successful Java Software Developer?
- Highly competitive base pay, ranging from 110k-125k.
- Up to 5% travel, 100% covered by the company.
- 5% annual bonus based on performance.
- Hybrid working 2-3 days a week in Downtown Chicago – brand new office space.
- Comprehensive healthcare programs.
- Short term, long term disability coverage included.
- Parental Leave up to 12 weeks (maternity & paternity).
- 401k Matching up to 6%.
- Mental health wellness coverage.
- Annual conferences and networking events.
- Wellness perks: Gym membership included, online medidation app provided.
- A clearly defined path to growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.