UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct membership-based assessments and claims-based surcharges quality reviews to ensure regulatory compliance
- Coordinate with State Regulators to ensure membership and claims compliance
- Work with, interpret and analyze big sets of data
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, investigate issues & abnormal variances, and provide explanations and interpretation
- Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month-end close
- Prepare journal entries and reviews for accounting classifications in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prepare fluctuation analysis and commentary for management
- Perform work in a self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues
- Serve as a resource to others
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues, both internal and external
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with SAS for data extraction and calculation
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial statements
- Proficient with MS Excel for data analysis and presentation
- Ability to work with and manage large amounts of data
- Healthcare or insurance experience
- Accounting experience handling regulated entities
- Knowledge of Hyperion Smartview and Peoplesoft Financials
- Possess sound business knowledge and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate solid planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.