Job Title:Cloud Engineer Job Code:1211902
Location:Americas Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:17 Feb 2022
Post End Date: Job Summary:
As a key member of Data Management Technology, working in partnership with the Group Wide Data Office and lines of business, the Senior Cloud Data engineer will develop and manage a global team to design and deliver an cloud application platform focused on business value generation across the Nomura Group.
This is a client facing role that requires excellent communication and business analysis skills as well as technical, data design, and architecture skills.
- Builds and lead a Cloud Data engineering team.
- Partners with product owners in the Group Data Office and lines of business to deliver high value solutions to business challenges/opportunities.
- Maintains a portfolio-wide perspective; assesses new technologies based on client requirements and makes recommendations on use of these technologies
- Architect, prototype, deliver and support data solutions solutions with system-wide impact with consideration for scalability, cost effectiveness, reliability, availability, and security.
- Directs and mentors analysts and other team members to accomplish project goals and timelines.
- Designs and develops data models, extracts, data transformations, data migrations, data visualizations, reports, and other related deliverables that meet project requirements.
- Leads development of documentation for end-user training and peer knowledge transfer.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
The candidates needs to demonstrate a cohesive set of skills across the list below. While one is not expected to know all the technologies, this position requires a wide understanding of the domain.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Statistics, Analytics, Masters/MBA preferred
- AWS Cloud Foundation Certification
- Seven (7) years professional work related to software development and implementation, and data analytics for the last two (2) working on cloud based platforms (AWS), preferably in Financial Services.
- Python, Scala, Java in that order of priority.
- RDBMS, SQL on Hadoop, Snowflake SQL
- Dataflow automation using Airflow, Prefect
- Expertise in design and development of RESTful services and APIs
- Experience with Agile process methodology, Test Driven Development and CI/CD automation
- Design knowledge of Service oriented architecture, scalable micro services and data standards like JSON, Avro, Parquet, ORC, S3
- Demonstrable experience of implementing enterprise data solutions
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Proven development team and line management experience
- Experience is integrating Vendor products using Application APIs.
Good to have
- Experience with Metadata management Platforms like Alation, Collibra.
- Knowledge of Data Catalog / Data Governance processes
- Prior experience of working in a global Financial Services organization
Nomura is an equal opportunities employer