If you are a 100% REMOTE- Senior DevOps Engineer with experience, please read on!
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Work from Home
Requirements: DevOps, AWS, Java/shell/ruby/PHP, MySQL/PostgreSQL, configuration management systems, Infrastructure as Code
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Our digital credential service, allows learners, academic institutions, and employers to request, verify, and share credentials in secure ways. The platform has helped thousands of schools and universities exchange more than 100 million transcripts and other credentials globally.
- Our company has been around for over a decade, so we offer a unique balance of stability and a small, tight-knit feel.
- You will have the chance to work on exciting new development projects with a talented team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build and maintain our infrastructure with cloud providers (such as AWS and Azure) utilizing automation tools (such as Chef and Terraform) with container orchestration through Kubernetes
- Networking design and optimization, WAN/LAN, switching, load balancing and firewall management
- Support various software engineering teams as an ops person, attending team meetings and advising in an operational best practices capacity
- Design and safely perform changes to our production environment following a defined change management process
- Triage and address requests for operations assistance, automate recurring requests and/or make them self service
- Identify key system metrics and ensure adequate monitoring coverage for new and existing services
- Design and develop infrastructure with an emphasis on security, data confidentiality, system integrity, availability and reliability
- Plan, develop, maintain and document the technical infrastructure for our business continuity plan
- Monitor operating capacity and plan for future growth
- Troubleshoot and participate in the resolution of production systems, network and application issues
- Take part in a 24×7 on-call rotation for production and other customer facing environments
What You Need for this Position
- Expert in building and managing Linux operating systems, most commonly Ubuntu
- In depth knowledge of Linux internals
- Ability to write advanced shell, Ruby and other other languages
- Track record of automating complex tasks and troubleshooting highly complex systems
- Fluent in Continuous Delivery concepts
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Expert in the usage of revision control systems, especially Git as part of your daily work
- Experience with various containerization technologies, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with network security and administration, specifically with firewalls, switch and load balancer administration. In depth knowledge of network design and security protocols.
- Experience customizing, managing and scaling monitoring, metrics collection and graphing systems, such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience operating within and knowledge of regulatory and compliance obligations (PCI DSS, FERPA/HIPAA)
Nice To Have
- Professional experience in a web application shop, especially in a DevOps and “continuous deployment” environment
- Familiarity with automated host provisioning tools such as Terraform
- Experience with key-value store and service discovery platforms such as HashiCorp Consul and Vault for secrets management
- Experience with mission-critical databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience monitoring and tuning Java and PHP application stacks
- Familiarity with full text search platforms, such as ElasticSearch and Solr
- An understanding of caching and scaling strategies at all layers
What's In It for You
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package, including FSA program
- Fidelity 401(k)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Internet Stipend
- Phone Stipend
So, if you are a 100% REMOTE- Senior DevOps Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Parker Graham
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PG2-1684634 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Parker Graham – Lead Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.